Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Writing Meme: Day 5

5. By age, who is your youngest char­ac­ter? Old­est? How about “youngest” and “old­est” in terms of when you cre­ated them?

Oden might actually tie with Okaru. I’m reorganizing one of those stories, so I’m not sure yet. They’re both around 12 or 13 (I never gave them a definite age). As for oldest, I’ll have to go with Thule. He is, after all, a god—but even gods have to start somewhere, right?

In terms of creation, are we talking about their age when they appeared on paper or the first and last characters ever made? Hmm. Let’s do both!

Thule would have to be the youngest since he was the first being ever made in the universe. If you don’t want to go that route, then Akira because she first came onstage as a newborn baby. Oldest, ironically, would be Oden. I know, that doesn’t make sense, but throughout the book he’s young. However, he’s actually the one telling the story (you just don’t find that out until the end) and dies on the last page so he’s definitely my oldest.

In terms of first and last to appear on the page, I would have to say that Tathalia was my first creation ever, and the last…I guess that would be the Steward Dunstan. Or did I change that guy’s name…?

No comments: