Monday, October 04, 2010

Writing Meme: Day 4

4. Tell us about one of your first stories/characters!

Eh. Do I have to? The first short story I ever wrote involved a group of animals that had been illegally smuggled out of the rainforest to be sold in a pet shop. Redfeather was the main character, a sort of bird of paradise (none of these animals had any actual rainforest counterparts) and his best pal was Mouser (a mouse of some sort). I think they were friends with a snake and something else. At one point, a pretty white and blue bird came in—female of course. Her name was White Rain (I think). Redfeather attempted to impress her.

Anywho, at one point Mouser got sold to someone and the animals of the store decided that was the last straw. They figured out where Mouser was sold to, rescued him, and hitched a ride on a bus (or something) to get back down the rainforest. Yay.

I think now that it might still make for a cute kids book (completely redone, of course), but I’m not a writer of children’s books or anything like that, so it’ll never happen. But that was my first story, written in 4th grade. I didn’t decide I wanted to be a writer 100% of the time until 6th grade though.

No comments: