Saturday, October 27, 2012

Some Light Reading

I thought I might share a few interesting pieces I stumbled upon yesterday.

I've been getting impatient when it comes to publishing and have been seriously entertaining the idea of going the e-publishing route - though I do admit a lot of that is also due to sheer curiosity.  How well might one of my books perform?  How could I boost the sales?  How good are my marketing skills?  I didn't know how exclusive Amazon was with their publishing and I'm already familiar with how PubIt, CreateSpace, and Smashwords function, so I was curious as to whether or not Amazon's system could be used at the same time as one of the others.  So I looked and found a great article with a few handy additional linked articles.

10 Questions to Ask Before Committing to Any E-Publishing Service

Second, due to my potential e-publishing future, I wondered - if I published my SF novel should I use my name or a pen name?  And if I did use a pen name, it would be a male one.  Would that help my chances of getting more sales or does it matter?  I know that I don't pay much attention to authors - if I want to read it, I read it.  But since I was curious, I started looking to see if anyone had done any articles with actual information on whether or not gender still mattered to people and found a quite interesting blog entry that also had a lot of interesting articles linked to it that I ended up reading as well.

Fantasy Book Cafe's Women in SF&F Conclusion

You may find these interesting and helpful - you may not.  But I thought I'd share either way.  Time to go write!

No comments: