Thursday, December 01, 2011

Join the Mount TBR Reading Challenge!

Do you own a lot of books? As in, over 25 at least? How many of them have you read? Do you like to stroll into a bookstore and sample all their goodies and then end up walking out with a nice fat bag full of 'em? Or do you get a bunch of them at gifts because, hey, that's what you asked for, right?

So many books, so little time. So My Reader's Block is hosting a cool challenge. It's the Mount TBR Reading Challenge! Time to tackle that To Be Read pile like nobody's business! So skip the library, leave out the ARCs, and focus solely on your massive stack of books for the year 2012. (After all, you bought them for a reason, right? And besides, might as well read them since the world is going to end next year. Don't want to be sitting in the afterlife thinking, "Dang it! I never got to read Jurassic Park like I planned! Now I'll never know if it was better than the movie.")

Head on over to the blog to see about signing up. Will I? I would love to - except my actual reading pile is about 9 books high. So instead, because I like this idea so much, I'm applying it to my TBR list. I have about 50 books on that list. I don't buy a ton of books because I just don't have the money to blow on them. But it seems to take me forever to go back and tackle a book I wrote down - even though I wrote it down because I obviously wanted to read it at some point. So while the rest of you read through your pile of books, I'll be crossing off titles from my list. So, Mt. Kilimanjaro, here I come!

1 comment:

Bev Hankins said...

Thanks so much for giving my challenge some space on your blog! I'm sorry you won't be able to join us (maybe you could use my challenge as an excuse to go on a little book-buying binge? :-) Yes. I'm an enabler.) OR If you'd like to be part of an official TBR "Wishlist" or Bucketlist Challenge...there are a couple out there

Wishlist Challenge: http://leeswammes.wordpress.com/2011/11/16/wishlist-challenge-2012-sign-up/

Bucketlist Challenge: http://bumpsintheroad1.blogspot.com/2011/10/2012-bucket-list-book-reading-challenge.html